Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Sneak Peek: The Thief and the Ghost Chapter 3

The Wyvern's Call lore hasn't yet been added to this blog. I do hope to add it to the blog someday in the future.
 
Please be aware that this excerpt has not yet been edited. If you find any mistakes feel free to POLITELY point them out.


"We can get water from the river." Gadwall pointed out. "I tried to steal some fish from the kitchens. Damn cook was there today. I thought he was going to take the day off but...he must have been making a special meal for Nery. He fancies her."

"That's just a rumor." I replied and started to eat the bread. "He's a Nieth, he doesn't really want anything to do with her. Since she is trusted by Tis to watch over me. he must think being by her side will earn him a promotion. Something more than being a cook at a coliseum."

"It's strange to think of the masters as not being all powerful. That there is a ranking system amongst them. That there can be poor and rich Nieth. If you weren't a hybrid, you would have your brother's place."

"Why do you say that?"

"Your father didn't want you to die. A master didn't want a slave to die. If you were a Nieth his love for you would only be greater."

"And then I might have to constantly watch out for Tis not to kill me. Which wouldn't be too much different from the present."

No comments:

Post a Comment