Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sneak Peek: The Thief and the Ghost Chapter 2

The Wyvern's Call lore hasn't yet been added to this blog. I do hope to add it to the blog someday in the future.
 
Please be aware that this excerpt has not yet been edited. If you find any mistakes feel free to POLITELY point them out.


"How do you know?" I asked.

"For one, you're not usually out this late while wearing a lot of clothing." Mont explained. "Am I not reason enough for you to abandon your dream?"

"Wasn't riding a wyvern worth it?"

"Yes, that it was."

He smiled sadly. Was he remembering his wyverns? Or was he remembering his life before? We were friends but not to the point of him telling a complete history. He could have left a family behind to ride. Or maybe he was like me with a cruel master. Those questions would never be answered as long as I valued my friendship with him.

"No one can resist the Wyvern's Call." Mont said. "If it is your destiny to become a rider, that will happen. Tis Lothis nor all of Horngul will be able to stop you. Even you won't be able to stop yourself if it is your destiny."

"Do you want me to be a rider?" I asked.

"The life of a rider is hard. It is not an easy one. Yet part of me can't wait for the day we ride side by side."

Mont's face looked like it was in pain but I must have imagined that. Right now it seemed as if he had never broken his stoic facade. If he had been pained then it was merely because he was thinking of the training. From all accounts training to become a Wyvern Rider was extremely difficult. If you failed training death was in the realm of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment