Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Sneak Peek: The Pull of Fate Chapter 4

The Pull of Fate lore hasn't yet been added to this blog. I do hope to add it to the blog someday in the future.

Please be aware that this excerpt has not yet been edited. If you find any mistakes feel free to POLITELY point them out.
 

I was walking around Bear Island in my dream. In the skies there was a fierce battle between dragons and dragon-like creatures. It was chaotic in the skies. On the ground there was fighting but there was a serenity to it. What was happening and who the enemy was was unclear to me. All that I knew was there was someplace I had to be.

The scenery blurred around me and Daenerys stood in front of me. There was a look of pure insanity in her eyes. There was a figure behind her. It felt ancient and familiar. Something was pulling me towards it. Suddenly there was no other desire in me than to connect with it. My hands reached out and a blinding pain overtook my body.

"Jorah!" Khaleesi cried out.

"Ah!" My mouth yelled out.

I kept screaming for a few minutes until nothing came out. There had been many things in my life that would give me nightmares. Staining my House's name and all the horrors from the War for the Dawn were the greatest. This nightmare wasn't from anything I remembered. No great battle had occured on Bear Island. Daenerys, who was lying beside me, had not turned mad like her father. It couldn't be a vision as I didn't experience those.

"Yes?" I managed to ask.

"What were you dreaming about?" Daenerys asked with worry thick in her voice.

"I can't explain it. I felt something."

I kissed her forehead gently. This didn't reassure her as she could clearly tell I was still shaken. If she went crazy, like in the dream, I would have to kill her. She trusted me the most and wouldn't expected me to betray her. That thought frigthened me nearly as much as the figure. There was a bond between me and it, of that I was sure. But what could it mean?

"You're thinking about it." She said. "Try and explain it."

"It sickens me too much." I replied.

"I will love you no matter what you may do. You are my king and husband."

No comments:

Post a Comment