Thursday, September 6, 2018

Sneak Peek: A Flame Extinguished Chapter 15

A Flame Extinguished lore hasn't yet been added to this blog. I do hope to add it to the blog someday in the future. However, since it is a single fanfic and not a series: I won't add the lore to the blog if I finish writing before I'm able to.
 
Please be aware that this excerpt has not yet been edited. If you find any mistakes feel free to POLITELY point them out.


"They'll get to Bear Island first." I said and tried to keep my voice even. "Even if they can't swim, we have to assume the Night King found a way to make Viserion a wight."

"If they can't swim there wouldn't have been a way for the Night King to get Viserion." Jon replied.

"These reports talk about people seeing White Walkers. The only thing powerful enough to damage the magic of the Wall would be dragonfire."

We were in our room after a few hours of lovemaking. We had planned to fuck all night but a servant had interuptted us. All thoughts of arousal had gone from our minds as we read the reports. Some of them sounded like they were from crazed men only wanting protection in case something happened. Others, though, sounded serious.

"What if the dead don't come?" Jon asked and sat back in his chair. "All of these could be people trying to get something from us."

"You know that the dead will come." I said and put a hand on his shoulder. "If you didn't you would never have gone to Dragonstone. You would have stayed away from Daenerys Targaryen until she came to the North."

"It would have given you more time to be with her while she was alive."

In his voice there was no anger or bitterness. He had found his romance with Daenerys to be fleeting. While Jon admired her, he had no further interest in bedding her again. Maybe he was wishing that he Daenerys had listened to me so she would still be alive. Even though she visited me in my dreams, it was not the same as her being alive.

"And we would also be less prepared for the future." I said and sat beside him. "It is nice to imagine that the dead are only a myth. But to act like that dream is real is to doom everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment