Monday, September 3, 2018

Have You Ever Used Your Home Town as the Basis for Your Stories?

Comment below and ask me any question. Well, as long as it relates to my writing in some way. I will be answering around two questions a week. So don't worry if I haven't answered your question yet.

Until I get questions from people, I'll answer questions I find in different writing groups.

For the majority of my work I haven't. If there are similarities then they are there purely by accident. The only time I have purposefully based locations around where I grew up and the surrounding area is in Chronicles of Gaia.

I did this because I wanted to subvert something I find extremely annoying in Post-Apocalyptic Fiction: the fact that the sub-genre tends to have events unfold in major/extremely well known cities. As I grew up in a small town in Florida, I figured that was the best location to start with. There will be times when the main cast will go to big cities, but those instances will be extremely rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment