Sunday, December 27, 2020

Daenerys Targaryen and Jorah Mormont Get Married

Daenerys Targaryen and Jorah Mormont Get Married

Location: Winterfell, Westeros

Importance: King Jorah Mormont and Queen Daenerys Targaryen are married in the godswood. Their union helps reassure the North that the Targaryen queen is different than her ancestors.

"I, Queen Daenerys Targaryen, have fought hard to claim the Iron Throne." Khaleesi said. "There has been nothing more important in my life than to sit on the Iron Throne as my ancestors have done before me. Nothing has claimed my heart like that goal until I realized my feelings for Ser Jorah Mormont were more than just friendly. I trust him with all my heart until my final breath."

This wasn't how weddings normally went. She was declaring her love for me in a very informal fashion. At least that is how people would see it. But as long as she ruled well no one would hold it against her. Though if she ruled with a weak hand everyone would point to this wedding as a sign she shouldn't have been trusted with the Iron Throne.

"I, King Jorah Mormont, have disgraced my House in the past." I said. "While in exile I found my life without purpose or direction. It wasn't until I met Daenerys Targaryen that I found not only a woman, but a ruler worthy to die for. I served her with no thought but the joy of being in her service. After the Battle of Winterfell it was a pleasant surprise to me that she returned my romantic feelings for her. I will protect all of her heart until her final breath."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment