Saturday, May 29, 2021

Heartsbane Bursts into Flames

Heartsbane Bursts into Flames

Location: Winterfell, Westeros

Importance: Jorah Mormont's sword bursts into flames, thus revealing that he is Azor Ahai to everyone.

Yet even with my best fighting techniques, I was no match for Grey Worm. He had been trained endlessly while my childhood teachings had been more diverse. I knew a lot more about the world than he did but that didn't help me in our fight. There was no chance I would best him now, but I wouldn't let him know how much he had broken me.

Grey Worm swung his blade and I knew this would be the end for me. No matter what I did, Heartsbane would not be able to protect me any longer. But swung my blade I did. As it cut through the air I felt despair and a yearning for the impossible to happen. My friend did not show any sign he cared, hopefully that same expression was on my face.

Just as Grey Worm's blade was mere inches from mine, Heartsbane became consumed by flames. Only fear kept me holding the blade. After a moment I noticed that there was no heat coming from it. By how quickly the Unsullied went away from my blade I could tell that he could feel the heat. Was this blade truly Lightbringer?

The flames were enticing. At some moments they appeared just to be like any other flames. Yet at other moments there was an otherworldly appearance to them. They could be the same flames as countless others from a fire. They could be the flames that only the gods themselves could produce. I was excited. I was afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment