Sunday, September 25, 2022

Daenerys Targaryen Burns King's Landing

Daenerys Targaryen Burns King's Landing

Location: King's Landing, Westeros

In the chaos I turned to look at Daenerys. I wanted to see her rushing to save everyone she could. There was a kindness in her to melt the most sinful of souls. But that wasn't what happened as there was also another side to her. A side that she had been battling with ever since I knew her. A side that reacted to her trauma with utter brutality. A side that was more than justified but could destroy Westeros as easily as the White Walkers nearly had.

On Daenerys' face there was a smile. It wasn't large, but it showed the joy that my love was experiencing. I wanted to be able to talk her down but there was no stopping her once she made up her mind. In my role as advisor I could only guide her, it was always up to her what decision to make. If it had been up to me she would never have freed the Unsullied and so it was good for her to go against my advice from time to time.

Drogon looked as if here were about to launch himself into the air and Daenerys also had the same lust in her eyes. Our conversations about her wanting to burn King's Landing came roaring back to me. Before there had been something holding her back from fully contemplating making the thought a reality. She cared for people and that had made her stay in the light for so long. But now things had changed.

Now, in Daenerys' mind, Cersei was killing all those innocent people. Which meant Daenerys wasn't the one doing the killing, but why leave Cersei with an avenue to escape? Why not take pleasure in killing those who didn't truly deserve life if they would die anyways? The beast inside Daenerys was finally being let out.

Drogon let out a loud roar just as he took to the skies. I didn't see any surprise on Daenerys' face as she was lost to my sights. A great wound opened up inside of me as I couldn't fully comprehend what had happened. I loved her and knew there was kindness in her. I didn't want to believe that she had succumbed to her darker nature. But to deny that would be to dishonor all those that would die by her hand.

I didn't know how to react to what she had done. She would want all of her followers to slaughter those they could. She would want everyone to rejoice in her bloodlust. But I couldn't allow even more people to die because of her rage. Even if those people would eventually help her destroy Westeros.

There was one thing I knew even as my world burned around me: I could never kill Daenerys or leave her side.

No comments:

Post a Comment