Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Iain Glen Proposes to Emilia Clarke

Event: Iain Glen Proposes to Emilia Clarke

Location: San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, Spain

Importance:

Iain Glen proposed to Emilia Clarke while filming Game of Thrones Season 7. She, of course, said yes.

"Emilia Clarke," I began and she covered her mouth with her hands. "Before you I didn't know why people fell in love. All I could see was one conquest after another. It never occurred to me that I'd find anyone that would make me never want to seek out another. You changed that. You brought something new into my life that I don't want to let go of."

I took a deep breath so that I could continue the proposal. It had already started which meant I had crossed the point of no return. Listening to the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore and the cliffs calmed me just enough.

"There are so many things about you that I can't live without." I continued. "The way you smile always makes me feel happy. My mornings are never complete without waking up next to you. I should have kissed you sooner than I did. I could have experienced the bit of heaven you now bring to me everyday sooner."

If she said no how could I ever wake up without her by my side? How could I come to terms without her being the first thing I saw in the morning? I would learn how to, of course I could, but my womanizing ways were now long behind me. I couldn't go from conquest to conquest again, I would need to find the same kind of love I had with Emilia. Our love couldn't be replicated. Could it?

"You are everything to me, Emilia." I said. "You are the sun in the day and the stars in the night. You are my happiness and the only one worth dying for. You are the one that gives my life any meaning. No matter how this show turns out, it will be my favorite because it's where I met you. When we started filming I never expected to find someone like you."

Only a few more breaths and I'd have my answer. If she refused I didn't know what would happen next. Would we continue to live without being married? But she had seemed disappointed when I had refused to consider marriage before. If she said no it probably meant the end of our relationship. I now had no choice but to take that chance.

"Emilia Clarke," I said and opened the box to reveal the engagement ring. "I ask you with all the love in my heart: will you marry me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment