Sunday, September 15, 2019

Three Northerners Try to Become Sarisa Targaryen's Tutor

Event: Three Northerners Try to Become Sarisa Targaryen's Tutor

Location: Winterfell, Westeros

Importance:

This was the final time King Jon Stark would send tutors to King's Landing for Sarisa Targaryen. Two men and one woman came to tryout for the honor. Unfortunately neither Jon or Arya Stark believed them skilled enough with sword or mind to be his daughter's tutor.

There were sounds of footsteps and I turned at the three people aiming to become tutors for my daughter. Only one could go down South and hopefully one of these three would be good enough to trust with my daughter's education. All three walked with purpose which made me hope that this would work out. Though it was highly likely none of them were right for the position. Sansa's voice came in my head telling me that it would be so easy to send an assassin this way. No, I couldn't allow that level of political scheming to affect me.

The first to stand in front of me was a woman with messy brown hair. It was extremely clear that she was a lowborn that had decided it wasn't important to get washed for me. Her unkempt appearance and stench could be a statement to me about her not agreeing about helping the South. It could be equally true that this was the best way she was able to present herself. It could be that once given the ability to wash well she could be the most stunning beauty in all of Westeros.

The second to stand in front of me was a man that was well into his middle ages. In height and stature, he was nearly like Jorah Mormont. Though the King of the South had sharper cheekbones, bluer eyes, and kindness in his most intense scowls. Also unlike Jorah, this man appeared to not be a good fighter. He had numerous burns on his hands and arms that seemed to relate to his profession. Maybe this man wouldn't be a good fighter, but it seemed highly likely he was patient due to being a blacksmith.

The third was a man that was both fat and well kept. This must mean he was of a higher position than the other two. Yet he was still a lowborn by the fact his clothing was of a lesser quality than any Lord or Lady would wear. Hopefully his weight was not a problem while fighting, though if he had been wielding a war hammer I would've had more faith. That weapon rewarded those who had enough force with victories. Instead this man had a sword on his hip.

I looked at Arya and saw her finishing evaluating the men. Of course only lowborns would have answered my calls. The Northern Lords and ladies had their pride to consider. Helping the Queen of South would mean they thought of her as anything but a necessary evil. Lowborns, on the other hand, would see my offer as a way to go up in the world. Being a tutor to a future ruler could mean being showered with wealth that was beyond their comprehension. Maybe if they followed wealth more than honor, they would never return to the North. Maybe they would even travel to Essos to make more money there.

No comments:

Post a Comment